One of my favorite ways to remember a historical event of the Tampa Bay Lightning is to save the newspaper from the morning after. That all started back in 2004, after the Lightning eliminated the Philadelphia Flyers and won the Eastern Conference en route to their first Stanley Cup appearance. It was only by chance though, that I ended up getting my hands on and then keeping these historic headlines.
Player not working? Listen to the podcast on SoundClloud.
- The Chicago Blackhawks’ Stanley Cup Championship and Duncan Keith winning the Conn Smythe Trophy as playoff MVP (0:01 to 7:07)
- The 2015 NHL Awards, including discussion about the Masterton, Lady Byng and Messier Award winners (7:08 to 22:30 — we reference this article here)
- The 2015 NHL Draft — why it was (or wasn’t) worth watching (22:31 to 42:00)
Total time is 42 minutes, so hit play, make yourself a sandwich and enjoy!
PODCAST INTRO AND ENDING MUSIC CREDITS:
…with your hosts, Sal Barry & Tim Parish. Plus special guest Justin Godfrey.
Player not working? Listen to the podcast on Soundcloud.
In Podcast #4, Sal, Tim (The Real DFG) and special guest Justin Godfrey preview the 2015 Stanley Cup Finals, which start Wednesday night. Here’s a breakdown of the episode:
- We talk about the Chicago Blackhawks, including a wrap-up of their series against the Anaheim Ducks, and their prospects of beating the Tampa Bay Lightning in the Stanley Cup Finals (0:01 to 18:34)
- Sal is then joined by Justin Godfrey, who blogs about the Tampa Bay Lightning on his website, The Hopeful Chase. Justin gives us a rundown on what to expect from the Bolts (18:35 to 28:48).
No card talk this week — because it’s the Cup! (And because Sal doesn’t have the dough to buy a box of Masterpieces yet.)
Who do you think will win the Stanley Cup this year? Leave a comment and tell us which team will win it all and why.