I went to a 3-day card show this weekend called The Sports Spectacular.
It was less-than-spectacular.
Normally, the shows in Rosemont (near Chicago) are great in March and November. But I guess this one was too close to The National. Many of my favorite dealers were absent this time. So, I found far less cool stuff for my collection than I did in March.
I guess that is OK. If you find too much stuff that you want, then you spend all your money, right? Still, I did pretty good. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the stuff I bought:
- 6 more cards for my 1963-64 Parkhurst set
- 1 really big card for my 1957-58 Topps set
- A bunch of 1972-73 O-Pee-Chee cards
- An autograph from a Hall of Fame defenseman
- 5 cards for the 1953-54 Parkhurst set (that I’m secretly building)
- Quite possibly the best quarter box haul in the history of sports cards
I hope to have scans up of some of my cool new cards later in the week.
One thought on “Sports Spectacular? It was OK”
Plus Pierre Pilote!